Thursday, December 8, 2011

Yesterday I was all fired up to get on here and complain about my children. The last few days their attitudes have been insane and their behaviors have been off the wall. Then I realized that a lot of that has been my fault (not all of it, but I know I am at least a little to blame)... Mealtimes have been unplanned, bedtimes have been pushed back (to say the least) and when we are playing, I feel like I mentally haven't been there this week!

On top of their behaviors putting me partly to blame, I realized another HUGE part... Is that REALLY The state of mind that I want to put myself into? Don't get me wrong.. There are days that I will REALLY need to vent about the boys, but right now (especially with the holidays right around the corner) I know that I have so much to be thankful for. Yes, they were driving me crazy in Target last night, with the fighting over snacks, not wanting to sit, not listening when they got the privilege of getting out of the cart, whining and crying, but that is something that NEVER happens, so I guess I am owed one horrible shopping trip here and there.

Thankfully, I didn't let that horrible shopping adventure consume me. I knew it was something temporary (even if it felt like it was never going to end). My kids are healthy (and with exception to the Target shopping fiasico) they are happy, and that in return is something that I should be VERY happy and thankful for... I guess the main thing that I am trying to get at is just a reminder that you can't always control the situation, but you can always control the amount of your energy that you will allow that situation to consume.

Have a good day everyone... I hope I will! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment