Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Isn't it a Human Soul?

I need to do a clarifying I guess... And I am sure I will feel the wrath of those around me because I am positive the following post with either
a. offend someone
b. piss someone off
c. start a very large argument
d. all of the above

But here goes..
I previously posted on my facebook account that I, personally, did not find joy in the death of Osama bin Laden. I stated that I felt sick by the whole situation and that I am neither happy nor sad by his death. However, I am VERY upset by the things that are being written in celebration of the death of another human being.

(Five minute pause because I feel like I need to tread very lightly because even I am very confused about the emotions I am feeling)

If people were all celebrating the fact that he has been captured (I purposefully didn't say 'the fact that he can no longer do harm' and I will get to that point in a minute), I would be on that bandwagon, but when I hear people's excitement for his DEATH, doesn't that seem a little hypocritical? (And yes... I know I just upset many people) I know he is probably one of the farthest people from innocence, but here is one point I have been thinking about... Bin Laden found joy in the deaths of other humans and he was called him a monster, and people are now finding joy in the death of him (another human) and I find that a little ironic to be honest.

I also hear people celebrating the fact that we now have closure. All I have to say is, 'You're kidding right?' I understand the people who lost loved ones in 9/11 wanted someone to pay for what was done, but I really hope they are aware of the events that can follow this 'celebration.' Bin Laden still had many followers and I can guarantee that one of them is more than willing to rise to power and take over command where he left off (just another thing to think about before you get to comfy with the idea that he is gone).

I truthfully don't know if these feelings I have are sprouted by the fact that I now have children or if I would have felt this way to begin with. At this time in my life I guess it is just the fact that I don't to teach my children to find happiness in anyone's hardships, misfortunes, or deaths (even if that person can't do the same). Of course I wish my boys could grow up in a world where Armed Forces were a thing of the past and not necessary for the comfort and security of all the world's citizens, but I am more realistic than that. So, for the time being I will take this time to teach them to take pride in humanity and hopefully give them the tools to show everyone some sort of respect (even if they don't deserve it).

And with this post, I think I have been removed from a few peoples' facebook friend lists...

No comments:

Post a Comment