Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Making it Something More...

Ok.. So I am happy and scared to report that my blog is 'growing up.'  An amazing friend of mine has offered to create me a logo.  Awesome, right?  But that got me thinking.. If he is going to put so much time and effort into my blog, shouldn't I?  Yeah, I sit down every so often and pour out the knitty-gritty of being a stay-at-home mom, but my dream (I learned it is healthy for moms to have dreams for when they grow up too) has always been to make this blog turn into something more.  Not that I think my blog deserves it (yet), but I spend most of my free time surfing other people's blogs and I find them so inspiring and I want that!  I want people to check in on my blog, not because I post a link 'telling' people too, but I want them to check it because they want to.. Without being told.

Anyways.. That got me thinking of babysteps that I can take to grow this into something that I can be very, very proud of.. Not embarrased of.  Ok, let me get this out of the way.. I admire a lot of people.  I love hearing what a lot of other people have to say.  I get excited to see what other people find interesting and important.  And that is why I spend MY time checking out people's blogs and facebook 'stalking'.  However, I guess I am trying to teach myself that what I have to say may be interesting, important and admirable to others.  I don't want anyone to think that I think I am cool because I have this blog.  Complete opposite to be exact.  I am always nervous that people will think that I think I am cooler (because I already am pretty cool) for having this.  I know I am rambling, because I haven't quite figured out how to put it.. I guess all I am trying to say is that I do not think I am awesome because 11 people care to read what I write.  I do not think I am any more cool than you amazing people because you don't share your deepest darkest days... Ok, back to the babysteps... I have decided that I want to have a few things that I 'have' to write about. That brings me to: 

'Look What I Made' Mondays: Where I will share any crafts, home decor projects or even special meals that I would like to pride myself on...

'Total Requests' Tuesdays: Where I will ask other people for topics to write about (I feel like all I have been doing is complaining about my children).  I will write about anything.  Ok, almost anything.  I might have to 'ok' some posts with Ben before publishing ;)

'Things I Love' Thursdays:  A time where I will rave about something I found online and would like to share with you all.

I hope you all are excited as I am to see where this takes me...

Oh, if you have any requests you can comment here, message me on facebook or email me at b.kelley320@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment