Monday, July 25, 2011

Look What I Made Monday: Colored Rice

I found a really simple thing to make for Parker the other day... Colored Rice!

You need:

Rice (I bought a 25 pound bag from Sam's Club for less than $10)
Rubbing Alcohol
Food Coloring
A Rubbermaid Container
A Cookie Sheet (not pictured)
Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags (not pictured)

Preheat the oven to 350* and start by adding 2 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol and food coloring (amount will be on the back of the box, I did it as if I were making frosting) into a Ziploc bag.  Mix the liquid around a little bit before adding 5 cups of rice. 

Mix the rice and liquid until the rice is completely covered.


Once the rice is completely colored, spread it out onto your cookie sheet.  I lined mine with aluminum foil (for no good reason, may I add).  Bake at 350* for about 5 minutes.  You may have to mix the rice around a little bit half way through if there are some thik spots.


 Dump into your container and enjoy!


Parker LOVES his.. If you can't tell!


He had a lot of fun playing with it and everyday since we made it he has been asking for it. 


However.. I do not suggest this project if you are afraid of a mess.. Because it's bound to happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment