Monday, August 15, 2011

A Weekend of Firsts, Friends and Fun!

This past weekend Ben and I were lucky enough to both be a part of our friends' wedding! (Congrats to Nick and Laura, by the way..)  With that came a ton of fun and for me.. A very BIG first.

I left Preston for the first time over night.  Even more than that I didn't see him (awake anyways) from 4:30p on Friday until 12:30p on Sunday.  Mama Bear did not like that very much.  However, sadly, the muchkins didn't seem to mind.  I didn't really think they would.  They are super happy boys that needs no help from me to fall asleep and stay asleep all night.  The boys spent their days being spoiled by Bapa and Nana while playing outside, going to the fair and of course.. Staying up past their bedtimes.  I think that is part of a grandparent's job.  Not the spoiling part, that is a given.. But the staying up late part.  I seriously don't think clocks work correctly when the kids are visiting the grandparents.  Or, maybe it's just that I am so dead tired by the end of the day that I count down the minutes until bedtime.  Whatever it is, I am so happy that the boys had a great time, I had a great time and better yet.. Nana and Bapa had a great time.  They don't get to see the boys often enough (we have a 2 1/2 hour drive to thank for that) and it was so wonderful to see how excited and thankful they were to have been given the time to watch the boys. 

As I said, Ben and I were gone at a wedding.  Seriously.. I have NEVER seen a wedding go so smoothly.  I don't even know where to begin.. Everything ran perfectly on schedule and there was no drama and of course.. the bride was absolutely beautiful... The flower girls even were tear free during the ceremony (I, however, was not).  The only hiccup.. The motorhome (that we were driving from the ceremony to the reception) wouldn't start.. the battery was dead.  Luckily, after only a couple of minutes of jumping it from another car we were on our way to Neil's bar (we of course had to make a pit stop for a couple of drinks)...  The ceremony was amazing.  I don't know if I am a super emotional person or if it is the fact that I actually listened during the mass, but I was crying.  Heck, I was crying the night before while the groom's father was making a speech.  Whatever.. I can cry if I want! Haha.. The reception was equally as beautiful.. And I was very proud of the card box that I made for them...

Ben and I got to dance the night away, even though I was dead tired by 9p!  And better yet.. We got to sleep in together.  What?  I know.. I will say it slowly for all you parents out there who don't know what I am talking about.
 
Sleep. in. together.

No, we didn't both have to get up at 6a with the little rugrats, heck.. One of us didn't even have to get up!  We both got to sleep in until the unheard of time of 10a.  However, I wish we could have been sleeping in our bed.  I have a horrible back and hotel beds and I never mix well.  Oh well.. Better luck next time!

After watching the bride and groom open gifts and saying goodbye to their wonderful families, we rushed back to see the boys.. Part of me wished we never left them in the first place!

Well, all is well that ends well and this past weekend ended very well.  I was exhausted (I still am), but it was worth every waking moment! 

Again, Congrats to Nick and Laura!  I love you both so much and I am so happy for you guys.  Now hurry home so we can have a much needed family dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment