Wednesday, August 24, 2011

where does the time go?

What?  It is already Wednesday?  This week is going by way too fast... Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact that Ben has been gone and when he is home, he is downstairs working in his office (busy season for Mr. Kelley).  I feel like I have been walking around in a haze these last few days!

The last few days have been filled with the Renaissance Festival, a photo shoot, lots of time in the car, a couple of playdates, some crafts, the typical errands, walks and cleaning!  I am tired just thinking about it...

Saturday we went to the Renaissance Festival with Ben's family and we had an amazing time!  The boys were so good and the weather was amazing!  We got there around a little before eleven in the morning and I figured we'd be done around two in the afternoon, but the boys went strong until six!  They were such little troopers.  We spent the day walking around, petting animals, eating and Parker even got his face painted like a little pirate (his longest lasting obsession thus far).  I didn't take any pictures (boo!), but I am hoping to post some soon from my sister-in-law (Katie with Behind the Lens Photography) and my brother-in-law (Joe with Joe Kelley Photography)... It is really nice having two photographers in the family!  It was so nice to have a relaxing day with the family and to let the boys see their cousins, aunties, uncles and Nana...  Parker was so excited to see his 'baby' cousin, that every day leading up to the festival he would ask me, 'I see Baby Jacob at the fair today?'  And every day I had to explain that we weren't going there yet, but it we would see him soon... Sometimes I wish the kid didn't have such a good memory!  After hours of running around, we decided to hit the road and the boys were sound asleep before I even left the parking lot.  They are so darn cute! 

Sunday morning was spent visiting my dad.. The boys always have a great time there because all Bapa does is spoil them (surprise, huh?).  We went out to lunch with my sister and took off for the boys' photo shoot.  We met Helena, my friend's older sister, of Helena Lynne Photography at Franconia Sculpture Park in Shafter, MN and spent a couple of wonderful hours laughing, exploring, and of course.. Getting some adorable pictures.  You can check out her play-by-play of the shoot at her blog {Helena Lynne Photography Blog}.  While there, I really noticed how old the boys are getting.... That makes me sad, happy and excited all at the same time!

After the shoot we went out to eat with my mom and stepdad and it must have been the frosting that Parker ate (Helena brought the boys cupcakes), but oh. my. goodness.  Parker was driving me crazy.  He was sitting down ok, but he would not shut up! Haha.. I know I have vented about how much he talks, but he wasn't even talking.  He was just singing.  And he wasn't singing a song.. He was just singing the word 'mom' over and over and over again.  I had to laugh, but goodness.. That boy knows how to drive me crazy sometimes!  I had another drive home filled with sleeping babies.. My favorite!

The last couple of days I have had a couple of playdates and I love having them..
Why do I like having ten or so mini monsters running around my house?  I know.. Sounds insane, right?

1. I don't need to get dressed
2. My kids don't need to get dressed
3. It makes me clean my house beforehand (which the husband likes, also)
4. The boys play with toys that they haven't played with in FOREVER!
5.  The company of other moms is wonderful...
Even though most (if not all) of our conversations revolve around the kids.. Having a handful of moms who are going through the same things as me makes me feel so much less alienated!

Oh.. And I even got a night out (sans children) with some great ladies at the movie theatre.. If you haven't seen The Help.. I suggest it!

All of that has left me feeling a little sluggish, but it's nothing that I can't handle!  I am off to do what I love most.. Enjoy the little rascals! 

1 comment: