Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The boys have had upset tummies the last couple of days (Parker actually told me, 'Mommy, I have a spider in my tummy and it hurts.' Strange, I know.  But it is still cute the way he is trying to describe how it feels).  Since they have been sick, we have been doing a whole lot of nothing.  I notice that they are on the mend, though, because they aren't as whiney as they were yesterday...

Oh. My. Goodness... Where to begin?

Blown out diaper one, two or three?

The fact that Parker, who is undies full time, had an accident (running down his leg) and you would have thought he was dying by how upset he was?

Or maybe the part that the hubby is out of town until Friday? 

Either way, the last couple of days have sucked.

I am not the type of person who likes to carry a baby around all day (much less a 22 pound 9 month old), especially since he didn't want to be held.  He wanted to do that awkward and annoying thing where you pick them up, but then they reach for the ground.  So, you put them on the ground and they immediately pull themselves up by your pantleg and complain until you hold them again.  No, it wasn't driving me insane at all!

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the little guys, but Preston is at that age where he won't just sit and cuddlge.  Parker on the other hand would have just sat on the couch, with his blankie, and cuddled up to watch cartoons ALL day.  I didn't let him though. Mainly because I was trying to use him to keep Preston busy (which was a failed attempt).  Let's just settle on the fact that yesterday was a complete and utter mess.

Luckily, the boys ended their day with a nice bath (filled with lots of bubbles) and that seemed to make us all happy.











I guess all is well, that ends well.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment